Work at AutoGov: .NET Developer Position Available
Our .NET Developer must rely on deep technical expertise and strong business acumen to ensure the right product, architecture, and
systems are built for our in-house products and clients. Individuals must be a leader in all phases of the software development
lifecycle and be able to contribute to the growth of the skillsets of the technical team through mentoring and best practice implementation
Responsibilities and Day to Day Task:
- Provide technical leadership and ownership of key systems and processes throughout the development life-cycle supporting mission
critical business functions
- Create estimates and design solutions with account and operational teams as required to support new business opportunities
and resolve operational issues
- Translate business and functional requirements into technical designs and solutions aligned to best practices and standards
of the industry and team
- Create technical architecture and documentation to clearly describe application, system, and database models to both functional
and technical stakeholders
- Proactively identify roadblocks and issues in requirements, designs, or implementation
- Develop tools and processes to improve team processes and standards
- Keep project stakeholders updated on task statuses and deliverables
- Mentor and contribute to the growth of other development team members
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server (2008/2008 R2/2012)
- Products including Management Studio, Reporting Services, and Profiler
- Creating objects like stored procedures, triggers, indexes, views, tables, and functions
- Optimizing query performance utilizing query plans or Profiler
- 5+ years of experience in web development with .NET stack
- Web forms with .NET (3.5/4), MVC (3/4)
- RESTful and traditional web services (MVC/Controllers, Web API, WCF/SOAP)
- XML Framework
- Competency when working with Source Control (GitHub)
- Bonus Skills: VMware Experience, NoSQL(Non-specific), Sprint/Scrum exposure
- Technical leadership and communication skills - status updates, work estimates, mentoring.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain
web applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates, and work plans.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications following established standards.
- Package and support the deployment of releases.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (Not mandatory, but preferred.)
You're Right for This Role If:
- You can design and architect complex multi-tier business systems with multiple technologies
- You can balance multiple complex tasks and the flexibility to manage shifting priorities
- You can apply strong problem solving and analytical skills in a fast-paced, environment
- You can explain a complicated problem or sophisticated system to a non-technical person in 1 minute or less and have them perfectly
- You enjoy working in a collaborative, team environment.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, small company atmosphere
- You can work remotely when needed and still be an effective member of the team and bring value to everything you do.
- Take pride in your work and want to produce the product possible.
- This job can done 100% remote, but there maybe a time that you would have to travel (As of now, less than ~5% of total work).
- Living/willing to work on Central Time is a plus.
- Living in the Southeast US is a plus.
- Living in or around Birmingham, AL is a BIG PLUS. (Though moving is not required)
- Company Paid:
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Medical Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401k
- Paid Time Off